Tuesday, May 27, 2014

"No. No, what have you done?!" -Mother Gothel




So, I chopped off my long flowing locks. It wasn't as nerve wracking as the first time I did it, but it did take a couple glances in the mirror to (a) realize it was me and (b) get used to the lack of hair. Alice Cullen was by far my favorite character in the books and the movies and I loved her hair in Breaking Dawn, ergo the picture above was what I was aiming for. Y'all may not know this about me but I don't like spending money, especially if I can make it/do it myself. No, I did not cut my own hair. I asked my grandmother to. I think I made her day....
     Obviously there are pros and cons to going short once more. I get kind of depressed when I watch hairstyling tutorials on YouTube. Just the other day I watched a Laced Fishtail braid tutorial and decided I would ask my mom to braid my hair that way the next time I went swimming (it wasn't one I could do on myself).... And then realized all my hair was gone. I literally almost cried. So I'm just gonna have to spend a lot of time with my long-haired friends this summer so I can braid and twist to my hearts content. I am also having to get used to using less shampoo and conditioner. Silly, I know, but it's not really something that I think about; just habit. On the bright side, I don't have as much trouble sleeping because my hair isn't getting caught up under my shoulders or tickling my nose. To be honest though I'm really looking forward to playing with the cut and figuring out different ways to style it, and getting in the habit of styling it every day because if I don't I guarantee I will look like a 12 yr. old boy. With heat fast approaching not having hair on my neck is going to feel FABULOUS.
     So far I've only tried out two different styles for my hair. Sunday morning I styled it like the picture I got the cut from and then Sunday evening I threw on a ribbon headband with some flowers on it, hippie style. I'm gonna try something a bit preppy and sophisticated today but I'm not sure my hair is quite long enough.

Maybe I'll start a series on styling short hair and post little tutorials on how I style it each week.... We'll see.

Stay Beautiful <3

No comments:

Post a Comment