Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tinkerbell: Wings

What I used for the wings:
16 gauge wire
Duct tape
Floral Tape
Vinyl
Cellophane
Wire cutters
Scissors


 I sketched these wings so that they would be one long piece of wire and therefore more stable than if made from multiple pieces of wire. At any point where wires met I added a small piece of duct tape to strengthen the juncture.
 I then wrapped the junctures with floral tape and if I had had more floral tape I would have wrapped the entire structure. The woven looking thing below the wings is what will be inserted in my dress/bra to secure it to my person.
 I then proceeded to layer my wings. First cellophane, spray glue, vinyl, spray glue, wings, spray glue, and then cellophane again. I pressed the layers together as best I could with my hands and then cautiously ironed them together both inside and outside the wire frame. I urge you to be more cautious than I. I damaged a portion of one of my wings. I didn't worry too much though because of The Secret of the Wings when Tink breaks a wing...
 I just trimmed around the edges of the wings being careful not to get too close to the wire in case the adhesive decided to no longer adhere. Then I bent the entire wing portions so they stuck out diagonally from my back rather than straight to the sides.
 And voila!!

Stay Beautiful <3

No comments:

Post a Comment