Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Peter Pan



I only made two pieces for Peter's costume, his tunic and his hat.

For Peter Pan's tunic I used a t-shirt as a template and just lengthened it, cut out two (front and back), and then sewed them together. A lime green sheet was the fabric I used. Then I cut out triangles from the hem and the sleeves. I also attempted to create the collar although I didn't do a good job so good luck with that.

The iconic Peter Pan hat. I used a thick forest green material from an old blanket. Measure the circumference of your head and divide by two. That is the length of the bottom edge of the shape you will create. Mark it on your doubled fabric.

 Then sketch out your shape. This is what I came up with.

 And the same for the brim (folded up portion).
 Don't forget to add seam allowance when you cut them out.
 Sew....
 Sew....

 If you can find a red feather go for it but I was out of money so I painted a black feather with acrylic paint.
 
And this is how it turned out. The feather is on the other side...

Stay Beautiful <3


No comments:

Post a Comment