Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tinkerbell: Shoes



Ok so the inspiration for my Tinkerbell costume is the classic Tinkerbell from the animated feature Peter Pan. If I had flats or the money to buy flats I would have followed the inspiration exactly, but I didn't so I had to improvise. The shoes I modeled mine after are the booties Tink wears in the new movies of which I cannot find a picture of...

So I took a pair of my boots and cut a good two inches away from the edge with my fabric doubled.

I then pinned the fabric together while laid over the boot forming it to the proper shape.

                                                          pin, pin, pin, pin, pin.....
After sewing that seam I placed it again over the shoe and perfected the form.


And again.


Cut off the excess at the top.

Don't forget the back and be careful not to make it too tight or you won't be able to get it on and off.


After I had achieved the proper fit (my second shoe cover was the right size) I used it as a template for the second.

The shoe cover is complete.....

Not quite. I can't forget the pom-poms!! There are tons of tutorials on how to make these so I'm not going to try to explain.

 
I didn't get pictures but I made a large rectangle and safety pinned it to the part that folds down. They kind of look like elf boots but with the full costume it'll be obvious I'm Tinkerbell. Also, I can reuse them for a cheesy elf costume :D. Look for the other installments coming soon!
 
Stay Beautiful <3
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment